Inspired by PF Changs’ famous recipe, these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are quick, easy to make, and packed with flavor! Perfect as an appetizer, side dish or even a main course for a healthy meal the whole family will love!
If you’re as much a fan of PF Changs lettuce wraps as we are, then you’re going to absolutely LOVE these. Not only are the flavors in this dish insane, but the entire recipe only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. This lettuce wrap is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, but also makes a great appetizer when friends are over. In fact, they’re so requested that I’ve shared this recipe more times than I can count with friends and family who want to make it, which is why I wanted to update this recipe for all of you! So. Lots. FLAVOR
Materials You Need
- Ground turkey – I used lean ground turkey for the filling for this wrap because it has less fat and is a great source of protein, but you can also make this using ground chicken, ground beef, or ground pork (we LOVE chicken slaw wraps too!)
- Soy sauce – I always use low sodium soy sauce because I think regular soy sauce can make the dish too salty. You can also swap out the soy sauce for tamari or coconut aminos to make it gluten-free
- Hoisin sauce – sticky sweet flavor enhancer!
- rice vinegar – adds a touch of acidity which helps balance all of these flavours, but if you don’t have rice vinegar feel free to substitute it with white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or even a dash of lime juice
- Roasted red chili paste – add a little heat along with the flavor enhancer, you can also add some red chili flakes or sriracha if you want it spicier
- Garlic + Ginger – fresh garlic and ginger are definitely the best in this dish,
- Water nuts – add a nice crunch to this wrap, you can also add grated carrots and chopped mushrooms for extra nutrition
- green onions – adds flavor and a pop of color
- Red pepper flakes – this is optional, but adds some nice spice to this wrap
- Bibb lettuce – also known as butter lettuce, this is my favorite salad to wrap because of its perfect cup shape and how creamy and buttery it is. Other good choices include romaine lettuce leaves or iceberg lettuce
How to Make a Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wrap
- Brown the ground turkey. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic and ginger to skillet and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is lightly browned. Stir until crumbled.
- Make the sauce. While the turkey is cooking, whisk the hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and roasted red pepper paste in a small bowl.
- Mix together. Once the ground turkey is cooked, turn off the heat and add the chopped chives and water chestnuts. Drizzle with sauce and stir well until completely coated.
- Collect lettuce wraps. Spoon about ¼ cup of the turkey mixture onto each lettuce leaf, serve and enjoy!
Preparation and Storage
Keep: This delicious filling for Asian lettuce wraps will last up to 4 to 5 days stored in the refrigerator in a closed and airtight container. Trust me when I say, this meal tastes even better the next day! Make sure you don’t keep the finished wrap as the turkey stuffing will wilt the leaves.
Freeze: Let the turkey mixture cool completely and store in a closed airtight container in the freezer until 2 months. Let the filling thaw completely in the refrigerator before reheating in the skillet or microwave.
More Recipes You Will Love
Hope you all enjoy this Asian Turkey Lettuce Wrap and if you like this recipe as much as we do, please rate me a five star below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love looking at all your delicious recreations!
- preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Amount of Time: 15 minutes
- 1¼ lb. lean ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tsp roasted red chili paste
- pinch of salt
- 12 Bibb / Butter Lettuce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic and ginger to skillet and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is lightly browned. Stir until crumbled.
- Combine the chopped turkey, onion, and water chestnut mixture in a large bowl, mix well, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and roasted red pepper paste and top with the turkey mixture. Stir to coat completely.
- Add about ¼ cup of the turkey mixture to each leaf of lettuce, serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 cups of lettuce
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 441.5 mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 7.8g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Proteins: 23.5g
* Please note that all nutritional information is approximate. Values will vary between brands, so it’s best to calculate it yourself for the most accurate result.