My favorite Raspberry Walnut Salad with Chicken made with greens, fresh raspberries, shredded chicken, chopped walnuts, and sliced shallots, all tossed in a creamy raspberry vinaigrette!
This salad literally has all of my favorite ingredients! Sweet and sour raspberries, greens, tender shredded chicken, savory shallots, crunchy walnuts and smothered in the most delicious raspberry vinaigrette! So delicious and so simple to put together.
You can easily adapt this salad to your liking too. Sprinkle on some goat cheese or feta cheese, swap raspberries for strawberries, blueberries, or another fruit of your choice, add some sliced avocado or dried cranberries, and you can even substitute chopped walnuts for pecans, almonds, or cashews.
Materials You Need
- Vegetable mix – I used a mix of arugula, baby kale, and fresh spinach leaves, but feel free to use any green lettuce that you like.
- Chicken – I love making this with rotisserie chicken because it’s quick, easy and adds some extra protein to this salad! You can also use diced chicken breast, leftover shredded chicken or even canned chicken.
- Raspberry – raspberries are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants, but they also taste amazing in this salad. You can also use strawberries, blueberries, or even chopped apples or pears.
- Red onion – added a nice savory taste to the salad and I cut the onions into thin slices
- walnut – this adds a nice crunch to salads, but you can also use chopped pecans, almonds or cashews
- Raspberry Vinaigrette – made with a combination of raspberries, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, shallots and salt/pepper
Easy Raspberry Vinaigrette
I absolutely love the flavor and creaminess in this super simple raspberry walnut vinaigrette! Not only does this dressing add a beautiful bright color to your salad, it’s easy to make with just a few simple ingredients — raspberries, red wine vinegar, a dash of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey (or maple syrup), shallots, and salt. /pepper.
I like to get it right in my blender (or food processor) and it comes together in just a few minutes. You can also use fresh or frozen raspberries for this! I always try to make my own salad dressing at home because usually I already have all the ingredients in the pantry or fridge, it’s budget friendly and honestly tastes a lot better than the bottled stuff from the store.
Can This Salad Be Prepared in Advance?
Very! I actually like to prep everything ahead so I can easily throw together this salad for an easy lunch or as a delicious side dish with my dinner. To keep the lettuce fresh and prevent wilting, I like to store everything in separate containers until I’m ready to assemble and toss it together.
- Wash and store raspberries in a covered container in the refrigerator and thinly slice shallots stored in a sealed bag or container.
- Shred some of the cooked rotisserie chicken (or use any other leftover chicken you may have) and store separately in the fridge.
- Puree the ingredients for the raspberry vinaigrette and store in a tightly closed jar in the refrigerator. Just before serving, let the sauce sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to allow the oil to re-liquefy and shake or shake the sauce well to mix everything together. The vinaigrette will last up to a week in the fridge.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
Hope you all enjoy this Raspberry Walnut Salad with Chicken and if you like this recipe as much as we do, please give me a five star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love looking at all your delicious recreations!
- preparation time: 15 minutes
- Amount of Time: 15 minutes
- 6 cups mixed greens (I used baby spinach and arugula mix)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie)
- 1 cup raspberry
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Chopped walnuts
For the Raspberry Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Darling
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper crushed, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the raspberry vinaigrette in a blender and process until smooth.
- To make the salad, toss the greens, shredded chicken, raspberries, shallots, and walnuts in a large bowl. Drizzle the raspberry vinaigrette over the salad and stir well or drizzle over individual portions when serving. Season with extra black pepper, if desired, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/6 salads
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 134.2 mg
- Fat: 18.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Proteins: 14.8g
*Please note that all nutritional information is approximate. Values will vary between brands, so it’s best to calculate it yourself for the most accurate results.